- Habitat Home
- About Us
- Our Work
- About Habitat
- Funding Opportunities
- Our Partners
- News & Multimedia
- Publications & Resources
DARRP Restoration Implementation Grants
NOAA restores marine and coastal natural resources damaged by hazardous waste, oil spills, and other physical impacts. Through this funding opportunity, NOAA seeks to collaborate with non-federal partners to accomplish common restoration goals related to these damages.
Making Restoration Happen
Applicants selected through this federal funding opportunity will be capable of implementing restoration activities across a wide geographic scale. Recipients, in collaboration with NOAA and trustee councils, will select, implement, and oversee activities identified in natural resource damage assessment and restoration plans, or develop or solicit projects to meet restoration goals. Project implementation may include direct implementation by the recipient, or through contracts or sub-awards.
Applicants with technical capabilities related to particular geographic areas, long-term ecological monitoring or site maintenance, or specific natural resources (i.e. fish, marine mammals, birds, corals) are encouraged to highlight those skills.
Awards at a Glance
- Funding is expected to be provided on an as available basis to maintain Damage Assessment, Remediation, and Restoration Program (DARRP) Restoration Implementation Grants for up to five years.
- Award amounts are dependent upon the level of funding made available by NOAA and trustee councils.
- NOAA anticipates that typical awards will range from $2.5 million to $50 million over the life of the selected award. Maximum award size is $100 million.
- The intent of this program is to maintain a long-term partnership with recipients by establishing these cooperative agreements as “institutional awards.” If a cooperative agreement is established as an institutional award, the recipient will be able to apply for future non-competitive awards for similar related activities.
Important Funding Notices
- FY2017 DARRP Restoration Implementation Grants Federal Funding Opportunity (FFO)
- Apply Electronically at Grants.gov
- Applicant Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application deadline: March 6, 2017