- Habitat Home
- About Us
- Our Work
- About Habitat
- Funding Opportunities
- Our Partners
- News & Multimedia
- Publications & Resources
Next competition anticipated in fall 2014 or 2015
Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration
Investing in Habitat Restoration
NOAA’s Restoration Center recognizes that healthy habitat is critical to recover and sustain fish populations. To that end, we are currently soliciting applications for restoration projects that use a habitat-based approach to foster species recovery and increase fish production. The funding opportunity will focus on projects that will aid in recovering listed species and rebuilding sustainable fish populations or their prey.
We are soliciting coastal habitat restoration projects, or suites of projects, that will recover or sustain:
- threatened and endangered species listed under the Endangered Species Act and their prey
- fish stocks managed under the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act and their prey
Coastal and Marine Habitat Restoration Project Funding at a Glance
- Projects will primarily be funded through cooperative agreements.
- Roughly $20 million could potentially be available over the next three years to maintain selected projects, dependent upon the level of funding made available by Congress.
- We anticipate typical awards will range from $500,000 to $5 million over three years, and we will accept one, two, or three year proposals.