- Habitat Home
- About Us
- Our Work
- About Habitat
- Funding Opportunities
- Our Partners
- News & Multimedia
- Publications & Resources
The table below indicates the FY2011 and FY2012 President’s Budget Request for habitat conservation. Changes for FY2012 include a $5 million increase for Community-based Restoration, a $5 million increase for Regional Studies – Chesapeake Bay, a $1 million decrease for Open Rivers, and a $1.5 million decrease for Great Lakes Habitat Restoration.
NOAA Fisheries Office of Habitat Conservation Related Base Budget Lines and Funding
Habitat Conservation & Restoration
(new budget line in FY2013 Request)*
Fisheries Research and Management Programs
Other Activities Supporting Fisheries
- *New combined budget line in the FY2013 Request (includes Sustainable Habitat Management and Fisheries Habitat Restoration) and final funding levels for all programs under Habitat Management and Restoration are to be determined .
- **FY2013 Request includes $3.9M for Marine Debris and Estuary Restoration Programs as part of the proposed consolidation of these programs from NOS to NMFS Fisheries Habitat Restoration.
- ***Congressionally directed projects (e.g., Merrimack River, Bronx River, Ches Bay Oyster Restoration MD & VA, Ches Bay Blue Crab, Oyster Hatchery, Virginia Trawl, Chesapeake Bay Interpretative Buoy System, Bay Watershed Education and Training).
- ****Funding shown represents the portion of the total budget line supporting habitat conservation activities.
- Note: Subtotals may not sum due to rounding.